WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17
- 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- The Mount Washington School, 1801 Sulgrave Avenue Mount Washington School students will walk a planned and secure route to raise money for activities.
Charles Belfoure, “The Fallen Architect”
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17
- 7 p.m.
- The Ivy Bookshop, 6080 Falls Road
Best-selling author Charles Belfoure discusses his new, riveting novel in which a man in disgrace finds that digging up the past is the only road he can take.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28.
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Elderslie/St. Andrews Methodist Church (at Pimlico and Ken Oak)
- 20th Annual Halloween Party.
- Elderslie/St. Andrews Methodist Church (at Pimlico and Ken Oak) will kindly host the 20th annual Neighborhood Halloween Party on Sunday, October 28, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., with trick-or-treating following a route from there. Whole Foods will donate pumpkins and other items to enhance the festivities. Volunteers are needed to help coordinate games, crafts, and activities; please contact email@example.com with offers to assist or contribute.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9
- 6 p.m.
- Octagon Lighting
- Johns Hopkins University, Mt. Washington Conference Center
- Food System Lab
- Sundays, 1-3 p.m.
- Cylburn Arboretum, Food System Lab, 4915 Greenspring Avenue
- Stop by to see what’s growing at the Food System Lab, learn about aquaponics, and take a tour of the small-scale urban farm. For more information contact Jesse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parent-Teacher Organization Meeting
*September 11 & October 9, 6-7:30 p.m.
- The Mount Washington School, 1801 Sulgrave Avenue Meeting of the Mount Washington School PTO to encourage community and volunteerism, organize fundraising, and distribute money to benefit students.
- Hometown Brew Night
- Wednesdays, 7 p.m.-2 a.m.
- The Mount Washington Tavern, 5700 Newbury Street
- All Maryland brews are half price.
- Root to Rise Yoga
*September 13 & 27, October 11 & 25, 6:30 p.m.
- Mt. Washington Arboretum, Tanbark Drive
- Linda Kohler leads free yoga classes designed to calm and relax the mind in a natural environment. Please show up 10 minutes early to sign a release form. (The instructor is not responsible if the "warrior" pose ends up as the "human eats dirt" pose instead.) Updates will be posted on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/events/445603255900702/.
- Wellspring Yoga
- Fridays, 8:45-10 a.m.
- St. Andrew’s Elderslie Church, 5601 Pimlico Road, $8- $10
- Appropriate for most levels (not a gentle, seniors, or therapeutic class). Bring a yoga mat if you have one (some are available to borrow) and a water bottle. Pay with cash or check. For more information, contact Mira at 410-370-6764 or email@example.com.
- Luckman Park Cleanup
- September 1 & 16, October 6 & 21
- Luckman Park, 2809 Glen Ave.
- 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Join the Friends of Luckman Park on the first Saturday and third Sunday of every month – weather permitting – for trash pickup, leaf raking, gardening, and other general park cleaning. Come for all or part; RSVP (to firstname.lastname@example.org) helpful but not necessary.
MWIA Board Meetings
- Mount Washington Improvement Association Open Board Meetings
- Tuesday evenings, every other month. No meetings in the summer.
- 7:30 p.m.– 9:00 p.m.
- Locations vary.
- Upcoming meetings include:
- 12/11 Mount Washington School, Lower Building Auditorium
- 2/12 Mount Washington School, Lower Building Auditorium
- 4/9 Mount Washington Pediatric Hospital
- 6/11 Johns Hopkins University (Annual Meeting)
- All community members are welcome.
- Hear updates from MWIA Committees and presenters, such as local
politicians, police officers, firefighters, and developers -- who seek to
inform our community and seek support for projects.
- Mount Washington Improvement Association Closed Board Meetings take place on Tuesday evenings during the other months. During the closed board meetings, there are more focused and in-depth discussions of community issues, problems, and resolutions. If you wish to attend a closed meeting, please contact the MWIA President at email@example.com with your request.