- Parent-Teacher Organization Open Meeting
- Tuesdays, January 8 & February 12
- 6-7:30 p.m.
- Mount Washington School, Lower Building library, 5800 Smith Avenue
- Meeting of the Mount Washington School Parent-Teacher Organization to encourage community and volunteerism, organize fundraising, and distribute money to benefit students.
- School Tour for New Families
- Thursdays, January 10 & February 14
- 8:45-9:45 a.m.
- Mount Washington School, Upper Building library, 1801 Sulgrave Avenue
Tours are held for families interested in the Mount Washington School. Call 443-642-2900 to reserve a spot.
- School Family Council Meeting
- Wednesdays, January 16 & February 20
- 6-7:30 p.m.
- The Mount Washington School, Upper Building library, 1801 Sulgrave Avenue
- The Mount Washington School Family Council meets to work on improving student achievement, ensuring quality programs, enriching family and community engagement, and helping the school achieve its greatest potential.
- Wellspring Yoga
- Fridays, 8:45-10 a.m.
- Elderslie-St. Andrew’s Church, 5601 Pimlico Road, $8- $10
- Appropriate for most levels (not a gentle, seniors, or therapeutic class). Bring a yoga mat if you have one (some are available to borrow) and a water bottle. Pay with cash or check. For more information, contact Mira at 410- 370-6764 or email@example.com.
- Luckman Park Cleanup
- January 5 & 20, February 2 & 17
- 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Luckman Park, 2809 Glen Avenue
- Join the Friends of Luckman Park on the first Saturday and third Sunday of every month – weather permitting – for trash pickup, leaf raking, gardening, and other general park cleaning. Come for all or part; RSVP (to firstname.lastname@example.org) helpful but not necessary.
MWIA Board Meetings
- Mount Washington Improvement Association Open Board Meetings
- Tuesday evenings, every other month. No meetings in the summer.
- 7:30 p.m.– 9:00 p.m.
- Locations vary.
- Upcoming meetings include:
- 4/9 Mount Washington Pediatric Hospital
- 6/11 Johns Hopkins University (Annual Meeting)
- All community members are welcome.
- Hear updates from MWIA Committees and presenters, such as local
politicians, police officers, firefighters, and developers -- who seek to
inform our community and seek support for projects.
- Mount Washington Improvement Association Closed Board Meetings take place on Tuesday evenings during the other months. During the closed board meetings, there are more focused and in-depth discussions of community issues, problems, and resolutions. If you wish to attend a closed meeting, please contact the MWIA President at email@example.com with your request.