- Mount Washington Community Picnic.
- June 15
- 5 to 8 pm
- Luckman Park (2809 Glen Ave)
- Fun for the whole family - live music, Kona Ice, burgers and dogs (and veggie burgers and dogs), bring dishes to share!
- The MWIA Social Committee is seeking volunteers to help make this event even more fun. Facepainters? Expert Griller? For more information email MWIASocial@gmail.com.
- Parent-Teacher Organization Open Meeting
- Tuesdays, June 11
- 6-7:30 p.m.
- Mount Washington School, Lower Building library, 5800 Smith Avenue
- Meeting of the Mount Washington School Parent-Teacher Organization to encourage community and volunteerism, organize fundraising, and distribute money to benefit students.
- School Family Council Meeting
- Wednesdays, June 12
- 6-7:30 p.m.
- The Mount Washington School, Upper Building library, 1801 Sulgrave Avenue
- The Mount Washington School Family Council meets to work on improving student achievement, ensuring quality programs, enriching family and community engagement, and helping the school achieve its greatest potential.
- Wellspring Yoga
- Fridays, 8:45-10 a.m.
- Elderslie-St. Andrew’s Church, 5601 Pimlico Road, $8- $10
- Appropriate for most levels (not a gentle, seniors, or therapeutic class). Bring a yoga mat if you have one (some are available to borrow) and a water bottle. Pay with cash or check. For more information, contact Mira at 410- 370-6764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Luckman Park Cleanup
- May 4 & 9, June 1 & 16
- 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
- Luckman Park, 2809 Glen Avenue
- Join the Friends of Luckman Park on the first Saturday and third Sunday of every month – weather permitting – for trash pickup, leaf raking, gardening, and other general park cleaning. Come for all or part; RSVP (to email@example.com) helpful but not necessary.
- Karma Dogs
- Tuesdays, May 7 & June 4
- 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Macks Center for Jewish Education,
- 5708 Park Heights Avenue
- Shy or reluctant 5- to 12-year-olds can read with friendly, non-judgmental, and attentive dogs. Adult supervision is required.
MWIA Board Meetings
- Mount Washington Improvement Association Open Board Meetings
- Tuesday evenings, every other month. No meetings in the summer.
- 7:30 p.m.– 9:00 p.m.
- Locations vary.
- Upcoming meetings include:
- 6/4 Johns Hopkins University (Annual Meeting)
- All community members are welcome.
- Hear updates from MWIA Committees and presenters, such as local
politicians, police officers, firefighters, and developers -- who seek to
inform our community and seek support for projects.
- Mount Washington Improvement Association Closed Board Meetings take place on Tuesday evenings during the other months. During the closed board meetings, there are more focused and in-depth discussions of community issues, problems, and resolutions. If you wish to attend a closed meeting, please contact the MWIA President at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.